Return to the Renewable Energy Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hot Water Heat From 5 ton Water Furnace

Posted by themusikthief (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 27, 08 at 15:39

I am currently installing a Water Furnace Geothermal Closed Loop system and was curious about anyone with input on a 60 Gallon Tank and the 'cycles' it takes to Heat up a hot water tank.

I am trying to make quantitative the term 'cycle' and therefore figure out whether or not to add an inline water heater for high use times and/or spring and fall seasons.

thank you for any info anyone has..........

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hot Water Heat From 5 ton Water Furnace

You might want to post this in the Heating & Air Conditioning section. There are HVAC techs there that could answer this.

o

First & foremost - SPEAK TO YOUR INSTALLER!!

I personally would install a desuperheater. However, for technical reasons, I would install a buffer tank between the electric DHW tank and the desuperheater. A 5 ton unit will provide plenty of hot water at reduced cost during heating season and essentially free hot water when you're air-conditioning.

SR

o

installing a water furnace this summer for a new rental unit ( B and B) . I want to have a tankless water heater so that we do not have to keep large amounts of water hot if there are no guests. We are having a two person Japanese soaking tub and want HOT water on demand. Is this manageable?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Renewable Energy Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here