Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geraldo_gw

Check out these SIP prices! $12-14 sq. ft.!

geraldo
19 years ago

No studs - No Trusses - No Attic

No attic ventilation or moisture to deal with. Wiring conduits in place.

Of course that is the price for just the shell, but still...

Be sure to click on "Home Plans" and then "Cost Effective Home Building Plans"

These look real good, but I am not sure if they require a center beam and supporting posts. I think most do if they are over a certain size.

http://abc.eznettools.net/D303024/X336500/TSHSipPackages.html

Comments (6)

• Jason_MI
    19 years ago

Hmmmm....how much is that per square foot of SIP? That's what I think of in terms of costs, because that's how I buy them. I'll check out the site.

• diancarlson
    19 years ago

Hey, Geraldo, I can't find that website! Help, is it still around? Thanks

• geraldo
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I just came from there and here is the URL:

http://abc.eznettools.net/D303024/X336500/TSHSipPackages.html

Just hilite and copy and paste into your address bar.

• vinewoods
    18 years ago

In south Alabama, I am going to build an insulated concrete form home, and the quotes for the ICF walls, materials, installation and all, was $11.00 per square foot of wall area. I considered Insulspan SIPS for the roof, but the price was much higher than engineered wood trusses. I am building a large overgrown ranch home, 51' by 114', with inset front and rear porches under one large hip roof with no internal load bearing walls. The trusses are designed to withstand 200 MPH winds. (hurricanes with tornadoes) The concrete walls carry the lions share of the load, with a small load on the steel porch columns. The SIPS salesman told me that I would have to have some beams and columns in the home to support the roof. I do not remember if we even adressed the wind load requirements. There are also downsides to not having an attic for ductwork and such.

• geraldo
    Original Author
    18 years ago

vinewood;
    Different people want and expect different things from their buildings. That is a very good price for ICF construction. I looked into that years ago and the prices I found were much higher than $11 per square foot of wall area. For the small 1200 sq. foot house that I want to build that would only be about $12,300 for the wall area. (40+40+30+30)x 8 ft and then times the $11. Still have to account for the roof, but it is very close. The SIP price is about $15 per sq. foot on that small of a house. 1200 sq. ft. multiplied by the $15 would total to $18,000 so it would give me about $6000 to apply to the roof for the cost of these two methods to compare.
    I don't need to worry about the duct work in my project, but I can understand that others would have other considerations.
    You might have a little higher price per sq foot if doing a smaller house, but the main consideration here is that we are a long way from the $110 per sq. ft. that people are quoted for new constuction around here. Even if you add foundation,carpet, etc.
    What price are you having to pay for the roof alone? What brand of ICF are you using? What I like about ICF is how quiet it is in the house.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County