Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brother 270d Needle Problem

Posted by amyjackson (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 18, 06 at 23:41

I am trying to embroidery some last minute towels for Christmas. For some reason the needle on my machine keeps falling out while it is stitching. It has done this numerous times now and I cannot figure out why. Anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?? Thanks...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brother 270d Needle Problem

amy I have that machine and it happened to me 3 times yesterday too! I use the white disc that came with the machine for the thread to tighten the screw and it seems to be holding at the moment. I believe it loosens because of the vibration, but I'm not sure either. I do know it was a pain in the patootie, I did manage to ruin one towel!
Good luck!
Lisa

o

As the other poster said, vibration loosens up everything. This is why you have to have the machine on a good, solid table. Right now I have mine on a Black & Decker workmate with a dining table pad underneath...no vibrations. quiets the noise, and makes it easy to scoot the machine around when I have to move it a bit.

You have to periodically check everything throughout the day to make sure it's tight and secure. I use a short regular flathead screwdriver (you should have received one of those in your accessory box, forget the plastic widget). The set screw for the foot gets loose too so you have to check and tighten that up (foot hanging rather wonky?).

o

I just wanted to clarify that I use the plastic disc to avoid overtightening...which can strip out the needle shaft and be costly to repair. Just a side note!
Lisa

o

My Brother Ulta 2003D does this all the time now. I have had it serviced three times, but they can't seem to duplicate the problem while they have my machine. Has anyone found out what could be the problem? (For me I know it is not vibration because I embroider on my kitchen counter tops.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here