Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new to embroidery

Posted by niki.bowe (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 16, 12 at 22:56

I am making a few Christmas presents for friends and wanted to put their initials on their gifts. For one of my friends I quilted a bag for her and wanted to put each initial in a different square. Since I have never embroidered before I decided to practice on some scratch piece of fabric. I found my center and lined it up with on the bracket and attached it to my machine... the first one I tried it with a small letter and was pretty close to my center but on my second try I used a large letter and the foot shifted to the far left away from my center. Is this a setting that I accidentally set or am I just completely missing something?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new to embroidery

Your design/font should auto open with the needle in the center of the design and then when you start to embroider, it will shift to the starting point. Is your machine capable of selection of "start here" as well as center of design? You SHOULD have an option on your machine for moving the design in several directions to accommodate where you want it centered or where the needle will start. You only have to be alert to getting it too close to the hoop. If you have these options, just mark the spot on your fabric that you want to put the design (the center or starting point), mount the hoop, and then move until your needle is lined up with the mark.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here