Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryprim

Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software

MaryPrim
19 years ago

Hi all,

I have recently decided to try out the embroidery function on my Designger 1 machine. However I have discovered that I don't have the required Dongle. I continually get an error when trying to use the software. Does anyone know if there is a place to get another Dongle? I was quoted $600 CDN by my local rep and it seems quite a bit too high.

Thanks in advance,

mary

Comments (16)

• sherwood38
    19 years ago

Mary I am not sure what you are asking?

When I got my Des 1 it came with the Sampler discs which you just put in the machine and are ready to go.

Are you talking about using your Customizing software on your computer to transfer to your machine?
    I would be happy to help - if I can!

Pat

• loreen
    17 years ago

I have recently obtained my best friends Designer 1 Sewing machine right before she passed away. I was given all of her sewing items and have the Customizing software and I think the black dongle that hooks up to a parelle port, however, my laptop does not have a port and I can not use the software. Is there anyone that could help me. My friend did not have a chance to get me started and I could use any help I can get. Thank You in advance

• zone_8grandma
    17 years ago

Can you hook up your laptop to a printer? That uses the same port.

• wwesternwilson
    17 years ago

Mary, take a look at Embird, which has just come out with a new version that reads AND writes to .shv for your D1. It is very reasonably priced, unlike the HQV software, and has superior user reviews.

You will not need any of the HQV software or a dongle if you use Embird, and they answer questions readily.

Regards,
    Janet

• sewmoody
    17 years ago

Mary, You don't have to have any software to embroidery, the software lets you download designs, but you can purchase designs, and some should have come with the machine. I have a Designer SE now, but started out with the D1. Mine came with the customizing software, however my friend that also had the D1 did not have any software and she was doing more embroidery than me! lol!

good luck!
    Wanda

• Consultff_aol_com
    12 years ago

Can someone please tell me how to do a monogram with 3 letters. Larger letter in the center and smaller letters on either side. This is for a Designer 1.
    Thanks a Bunch!!!

• 1STOPSHOPUS_GMAIL_COM
    12 years ago

HOW DO YOU USE THE DONGLE OF DESIGNER1

• ManonLeroux
    9 years ago

Ok girls, I have a silly question. I am embroidering an amazing horse. I have to change my bobbin thread (it's empty!) The hoop is in the way. My book says to press the reverse button and the hoop will back up (allowing me access to the bobbin. When I press the arrow button, nothing happens. Humm. I tried to 'park' the arm, and then press the 'reverse' button, but still nothing happens. Am I suppose to unlatch the hoop?

• blubird
    9 years ago

ManonLeroux,

The reverse button (the u turn arrow) is not the button to push to move the hoop out of the way. The top 2 buttons-the restart button-looks like a triangle with an arrow pointing to the skinny end, and the button next to it- the needle up/down button are used to move the hoop either forward for trimming or backward for bobbin changing.

I do have to say, though, that I most often gently removed the hoop, changed the bobbin, and replaced the hoop, as the movement of the hoop backwards didn't always give me good access to the bobbin compartment.

You can get a copy of the designer 1 manual online at Husqvarna Viking. If you can't find it let me know and I'll try to find the link for you.

• cadog1
    8 years ago

did you receive an answer for your dilemma? I am in same situation and would love to hear how you solved your issue.

• Rosalie Facey
    8 years ago

how do you remove the embroidery arm from the designer 1.

• msmeow
    8 years ago

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/735678/Husqvarna-Designer-Topaz-25.html?page=65

This says Designer Topaz but perhaps there is a similar button for the D1. If not, you could try calling or emailing a Viking dealer.

Donna

• bzyquilter
    8 years ago

I have a program called LetterIt and have saved a design to a floppy using the shv. format. My designer 1 won't read it. I get the message "file not found." Is there any thing I should be doing? Why can't this be simple?

• dmiller47
    8 years ago

cadog1 - I was fortunate enough to reach the lady who sold the Designer 1 to me and she had the dongle. I was told by someone at HV that they were irreplaceable. I hope you can find one. I still have not mastered the embroidery design for the D1, but I am not giving up.

• warialda_sue
    7 years ago

I have the opportunity of purchasing a Desinner 1 for a very reasonable price. It has aUSB. I have a Viking Lily which I love, and I've never had a problem with, but I'd love to do a bit of embroidery. Is it too old?

also, what's a dongle?

Thankyou

Sponsored