Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software

Posted by MaryPrim (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 9, 04 at 19:43

Hi all,

I have recently decided to try out the embroidery function on my Designger 1 machine. However I have discovered that I don't have the required Dongle. I continually get an error when trying to use the software. Does anyone know if there is a place to get another Dongle? I was quoted $600 CDN by my local rep and it seems quite a bit too high.

Thanks in advance,

mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software

Mary I am not sure what you are asking?

When I got my Des 1 it came with the Sampler discs which you just put in the machine and are ready to go.

Are you talking about using your Customizing software on your computer to transfer to your machine?
I would be happy to help - if I can!

Pat

o

I have recently obtained my best friends Designer 1 Sewing machine right before she passed away. I was given all of her sewing items and have the Customizing software and I think the black dongle that hooks up to a parelle port, however, my laptop does not have a port and I can not use the software. Is there anyone that could help me. My friend did not have a chance to get me started and I could use any help I can get. Thank You in advance

o

Can you hook up your laptop to a printer? That uses the same port.

o

Mary, take a look at Embird, which has just come out with a new version that reads AND writes to .shv for your D1. It is very reasonably priced, unlike the HQV software, and has superior user reviews.

You will not need any of the HQV software or a dongle if you use Embird, and they answer questions readily.

Regards,
Janet

o

Mary, You don't have to have any software to embroidery, the software lets you download designs, but you can purchase designs, and some should have come with the machine. I have a Designer SE now, but started out with the D1. Mine came with the customizing software, however my friend that also had the D1 did not have any software and she was doing more embroidery than me! lol!

good luck!
Wanda

o
RE: Designer 1 monogramming

Can someone please tell me how to do a monogram with 3 letters. Larger letter in the center and smaller letters on either side. This is for a Designer 1.
Thanks a Bunch!!!

o

HOW DO YOU USE THE DONGLE OF DESIGNER1

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here