Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k4lcd

What machine to purchase?

k4lcd
15 years ago

First of all may the Lord Bless all your endeavours, and those of your families, during the new year 2009.

These are the questions:

1. Should my wife first embroidery machine also sew?

2. Should it be able to communicate with a computer via USB for maximum access to software?

3. What format of card or cartridge software media is more advisable or less advisable.

4. Is the 4x4 hoop size, sufficient; or is better to consider from the start the larger 5x7 hoop size?

Experienced enbroiders, please help me avoid falling into the initial financial traps (mistakes).

My wife owns a 2 year old Brother D6000 Sewing machine, that she uses every day, and I just ordered from amazon.com the Brother 1034D 3/4 Lay-In Thread Serger for her.

We've been talking about embroidery, and she is very pleased with her new Brother brand sewing machine, which replaced and old Singer. So we are inclined towards the Brother brand. We have noticed the significant difference in price when you examine and consider a multi needle/multi color machine.

We would also consider purchasing a little used one with low number of stitches, once we have answeres to the questions we have.

We've been thinking of a little used Brother Innovative 4000.

Sincerely,

Juan G.

Sponsored
Steadfast Construction
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Arlington County's Experienced Custom Deck Builder I Best of Houzz