Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
richeliu patterns

Posted by ellanadasdy (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 4, 04 at 18:19

hey all,
i have been hand embroidering since i was a child,
mainly surface and cutwork with a little applique, about three years ago i attended the knit and stitch show in dublin, i took an hour long workshop in a cutwork technique called richeliu(after the french cardinal who had all his clothes and linen made in this manner) i have recently begun searching for designs or patterns suitable for this sort of embroidery but it seems to be a dying art! does anyone know of any suppliers of these patterns or of any groups etc,
thankyou in advance,
yours, ella :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: richeliu patterns

Happy Holidays Ella,
I went to Google and typed in "Richeliu Embroidery" and got several hits. You might try this and click on one of the sites having the patterns you want. Good Luck
Cindy

o
RE: richeliu patterns

Hi - incase I can help- in my google search - it appears your spelling is off one letter - it's Cardinal Richelieu.
Patternwise, you may just need to make your own from books or museum photos. My search on Amazon.com - resulted in one book under richeleiu embroidery. "The Needlepoint Book, a Complete Update of the Ultimate Guide" 1999. Check your local library. Also I've been studying the Dover company publishers vast catalog on needlework topics (in my county library.) Many are reprints of actual publications originaly released around 1900. I'm trying to make more of the lace in a tablecloth from my grandmother - turns out it's Reticella, or Punto in Aria.
I'm amazed at the history around the needlelaces of the Royalty and Nobleman clases. There are even whole books devoted to the tools of the victorian era.
You don't happen to have any suggestions on where (anywhere on the planet) to get authentic linen threads and fabrics for lace work, do you?
Happy Stitching!
Rebecca

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here