Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can someone help me?

Posted by Tracy821 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 12, 04 at 17:09

I'm new to the embroidery world and I was wondering if you can convert MACHINE embroidery designs into HAND embroidery designs. I want to hand stitch the designs not use a machine (which I couldn't do anyways since I don't own one). I found some beautiful designs on embroidery.com but can they be converted from machine to hand? Thanks so much.

Tracy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can someone help me?

I AM NOT SURE YOU CAN BUT WHY NOT SAVE AND COPY THE DESIGN AND THEN ENLARGE IT ON A PRINTER AS A TEMPLATE THEN COPY IT TO A FABRIC SHEET AND PRINT IT OUT AND YOU ARE READY TO HAND EMBROIDER?

o

So basically download it, trace the design, enlarge it on the photo copier at work and then get some sort of transfer paper and put it on the fabric I'm using? See I need to explain it to myself to make sure I get it. LOL!!!

o

Tracy, cut the fabric you are going to use and put freezer paper on the back of it and put it in your printer a lot cheaper than buying the pre-made sheets scan your download on to the sheet. Do you have convertor box? I thought you didn't have one? Just copy picture of the embroidery design you want to do save it then print it then enlarge it.After you enlarge it "say you take it to a photo copy place or work to have it enlarged bring it home scan it and then print it out on your fabric sheet hope you understand what I am saying it is really simple.

o

Tracy
I remember being on such a website I believe for crosstitch designs but cant remember the name of the site
It seems like you could use Redwork or bluework designs. But it seems you would have to have some sort of softwear like "Embird" which is less than $100. I love embird with the liitle Icon. It lets you see the design not just a file. You can print it out from the softwear. You can downloade Embird free for a 30 day free trial
Try Google search engine
I have seen lots of free stuf on crafts sites too.
Just a suggestion
Plus I know there are hand emb groups out there Yahoo groups etc Oh Applique ones are easier too.
Good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here