Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
reader writer

Posted by angela_grower (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 12, 08 at 15:57

please can anyone here help me?
i have a Husqvarnia orchidea viking embriodery sewing machine, and since replacing my old pc to a laptop about 4 years ago i have never been able to get the reader writer to write to a card or read a card its comes up everytime on screen with the words - no LPT Port available my dad and me have been trying on and off to sort it out but not done it, and i so badly want to use the machine again to do my own designs i thought about a new machine but i just can,t do that.so please if there is anyone out ther who knows how to get the reader writer to read and write to and from cards i really would be very very gratefull.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: reader writer

Have you contacted Viking? You probably need an upgrade to the software so that it can talk to your new computer. I'm guessing you went from an earlier version of Windows to Windows XP or Vista?

I had the same problem with my Amazing Box and just last week downloaded the software upgrade (it was free) and now it works great! (Better than before, actually.)

Donna

o

LPT is a printer port, the really long, wide ones. It sounds like the software is looking for old computer parts that don't exist! (My old Singer EU won't run without a COM port, which most new computers don't even have!) If you have a friend with an old PC in their basement you could ask to use it and run the software on a machine that's old enough to be compatible with it. That's what I did with my Singer until I got my Viking machine. You'd have a dedicated "sewing design" computer.

o

I have the same problem! Were you able to resolve this issue? Trying to run Customizing 1.2 on windows xp...I can design the monogram but can't get it from the computer to the programmable card due to the error msg 'no lpt port available'. I'm not spending hundreds of dollars to monogram a dozen towels so new software is out of the question. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here