Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
staasia

Pantagram Embroidery Magic 2 program

staasia
18 years ago

Does anyone have an idea or opinion about this embroidery program and what it is all about?

How hard is it to learn? What should I expect to pay for the program and it's disks?

what is a fair price for it? Do you need to purchace a blank disk when you buy this program or does it actually come with the basic program?

Is it easier or harder to use than PE Design? Can it be used with the Brother machines?

Thanks,

Stasia

Comments (7)

• colleenny
    18 years ago

I bought EB2 from ebay for 75 dollars. I didn't like it at all. I now have Embird. Of course that's just a matter of opinion.

• hoerlel
    18 years ago

Stasia,

I believe that PE Design was made developed for the Brother embroidery machines. I can't tell you if it is difficult to use because I still have not downloaded it to my computer, but I will be in the near future. Unfortunately, I have the older version 3 and because of that I have not downloaded it as yet, since version 6 is already out and I am afraid that I will not be able to open the newer embroidery designs.

I expect to soon try to download it and if you would like, you can email me and I will let you know how it works out. I am great with computers, but I am a complete novice when it comes to embroidery. Maybe we can learn together?!?!?

Lucy

• wanderward
    18 years ago

i have EM2 and i like it a LOT. The only downfall is you need another program to convert the embroidery file to .pes format, but there are free programs out there that convert and if you're downloading embroidery files from the net there's a good chance you have one of those already or have at least seen them

the deal with EM2 is that it is a very simple program... it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles... but it does what it's supposed to do and does it very VERY well... especially considering that it costs a whopping $70(ish) compared to the $600+/- for PE design and $100+/- for Embird

• staasia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Wanderward. I already have PE D5, but I wanted a specific file that EM2 had, so I bit the bullet and bought the EM2 program as well as the design file I wanted. Tell me what the free program is that I will need. Is it Win Zip? Let me know.
    Stasia

• colleenny
    18 years ago

Stasia, Go into www.pulsemicro.com. Click on products. On the left column about 1/2 way down the page you will see Ambassador. Click on that. It will lead you to a free download. It converts files from 1 format to another.
    Colleen

Here is a link that might be useful: Pulse Micro

• staasia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you Colleen. I will check it out now.
    Stasia

• wanderward
    18 years ago

beat me to it Colleen ;)

Sponsored