Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Brother PE150

Posted by emerson4 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 07 at 15:37

Help! Just aquired a Brother PE150 given to me by a friend who's mother-n-law no longer uses. My main goal is to use it for monograming. It says it has 3 fonts installed that go up to 1 1/2 inch. Can I purchase a card or disk that will allow me to monogram with other fonts and sizes? What is the best way to find out what is compatible? I have NEVER done this before and need any guidance that I can get.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Brother PE150

As long as it has a place to insert a card or has a USB port, you can use designs outside the ones programmed in the machine. Brother uses PES format, so you will want to use that. If you are going to use designs from the Internet, you'll need some kind of software to transfer the designs from the computer to the machine. Did you get a manual with it? Do you have a sewing store nearby that offers basic embroidery classes? If so, that will probably be your best resource.

Donna

o

i have a pe150 and the thread from the bobbin keeps shredding can any body help me ive tried to find a book on repairs for embroidery machines and cant find one repairs are so costly ndifi can do it my self im saving a lot of money. we have only one place to repair machines where i live and his price is very expensive as he is the only one in my area. thank you for all the help you can give me

o

dammaskids, try feeling the throat plate where the thread comes up from the bobin. Is there maybe a tiny burr there that is shredding the thread? If so, try sanding it with some emery paper. You can find it at a hardware store.

Tami

o
or try this

Change the needle. The needle might have a burr that is causing the thread to shred.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here