Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tami_ohio

Pics of some of my recent projects

tami_ohio
16 years ago

I made the stocking from scratch, as I couldn't find one that I could hoop the cuff to suit me. DS picked out the fabric, as it is for his girlfriend's little girl's first Christmas. Kylie is not his, but she sure thinks he is hers!

The black and white bunnie was inspired by my own black and white house rabbit, Sydney.

And I knitted the sweater and blanket.

Tami

{{gwi:1512823}}

Comments (12)

• kathi_mdgd
    16 years ago

Those are sooo cute!! Which sewing machine do you have?? I love that sweater and blanket.Good job,and TFS
    Kathi

• tami_ohio
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kathi, the embroidery machine I have is the Brother PE 150. Jenni_CA has been a big help to me when I have questions and problems! I also have a Viking 500 sewing machine, which used to get a lot of use, but not much any more.

Tami

• jenni_ca
    16 years ago

Way cute Tami!!!! As you know, I love appliques.
    Perfect job on the stocking!!
    I need to go through and send you more designs....I know I have lots that you would like!

• maryanntx
    16 years ago

Great job! I love the appliqués too and need to learn how to make them!

• tami_ohio
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Jenni! Kylie's mom really liked it. DS has only been dating her about 2 months. Even tho he isn't, Kylie calls him Da, and if you ask her where J is, she will shake her head no really hard and say Da again! He loves her to death. I don't sew/embroider for many, so I hope they know how special this was!

Please do send me more designs! Got a brand new honorary grandson today! Now I need to get his keepsake blanket made. I put name, date, weight, length, and time on them.

Maryann, appliques are super easy! Jenni taught me how in an email!

Tami

• maryanntx
    16 years ago

Tami, I will have to try them in the new year, as I have many designs. Jenni has been so much help to me too!

• carlene
    16 years ago

The designs are very very cute! Love the fabric chooses!

• tami_ohio
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, carlene. The black and white bunnie is in honor of my Sydney, who is a black and white mini rex mix. She has a white tummy with a black "zipper" down the middle!

Jenni, I have a funny feeling there are going to be more babies to embroider for, and no, not DD! It seems like every time I turn around, someone else is pregnant!

Also, got free hats at the sporting goods store on Sunday. Of course it has the store's logo on it, but DH and I both got one. I have fish I can embroider on his, but need to think of something to put on mine. They are a dark green. I don't know if I want flowers on it, but I do want something that will look funny on a man if he steals mine! Got any ideas?

Tami....who has posted on about 4 differnt forums lately and keeps forgetting which ones!

Happy New Year!

• bevhall
    16 years ago

Wow, those are great!

• bopeep
    16 years ago

Tami, your projects are sooooo cute !!!!!
    I just now found this embroidery forum, I have been on the quilting forum for a while now.
    I just got a Brother SE-270D in Jan. I really love it, I have made a few things, I still have a lot to learn.
    I will be checking in to see what is going on and trying to learn all I can.
    bopeep

• tami_ohio
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Welcome to the forum, bopeep! Thank you. I still have two baby keepsake blankets to make.

Tami

• bopeep
    16 years ago

Thank You, Tami, I am really enjoying looking around this forum, I am learning a lot here.
    bopeep

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES