Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tinkerbell card fits White 3300?

Posted by cherylsegal (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 8, 04 at 14:57

Hi...
I'm new here, and have been searching the messages, but cannot find the answer to this question...Does anyone who has the White 3300 machine also have the Disney Brother/Tinkerbell card, and does it work with it? I have asked a few vendors who sell the card and they all say NO, it won't, it works only with Brother machines. Can anyone please clarify for me? Thanks, in advance.
Cheryl in Maine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tinkerbell card fits White 3300?

The card is question only works on a Brother machine because it is a Brother design card that can only be used on any Brother machine model ending in D for Disney.

I have a PE-150 and would love to use some of these designs and can't because I don't have a Disney machine or use a lot of Disney designs that would qualify purchasing a D machine.

You are not the only one that is frustrated with Brother and their marketing strategy of dedicating certain machines to only use a Disney card instead of sharing the wealth for users of other machines.

o

I have the Tinkerbell card but never knew it wouldn't work on another machine. I do know I can't save an edited design with disney in my machine to a floppy...only to my machine.

I thought the Tinkerbell was PES & would sew in any machine that used a PES format. Live & learn.

I paid over $100 for that card 2 years ago thinking my great nieces would want something off it. I have not used it yet.Makes me sick to think about it.

o

I can use the White cards in my Brother 150.

o

You can use the White cards or any other card but the dedicated Brother Disney on a PE-150 or .pes based machine.

Brother will get smart one of these days and share the designs on a .pes format other than a Brother D machine.

o

Disney has put out a "Taste of Dinsey" card that will work in the none Disney Brother machines. I have it, it has about 26 designs I think.I'm not sure if that one would work in the babylock or white machines or if it still much be a Brother, even if it isn't a Disney machine

I saw the small Disney machine (180D??) at Wal-Mart last week for $470 if I remember right. Some of you with young kids might want to consider it, then you could use all the Disney cards.

To be honest though, I've sewn out a few of the designs on the "Taste of Disney" card, and I was really not that impressed with the digitizing. I see much better designs done by individual designers all over the internet.

o

Ihave seen Tinkerbell designs done by individual designers on e-bay that can be transferred to a magic box or an Ultimate Box or similar card and placed in your machine. I love Tinkerbell don't give up!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here