Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jordonwalker0722

Help with embroidery

JordonWalker0722
9 years ago

I just recieved the Brothers SE400 sewing and embroidery machine for my christmas present from my husband. I have downloaded a few fonts to monogram, I also have no clue which site I should use to "customize my designs" I am currently using embrillnce. It was suggested for free from the place that I downloaded my fonts. However it will not let me open up the dst files that come downloaded such as the different sized and individual letters for the font. I am wanting to do the circle font specifically and cannot figure out how to get the correct letters where they need to go. I can't spend a lot of money on a software system so I am needing any kind of help. Please and Thanks!

Comments (4)

• dancingirl_gw
    9 years ago

The Brother machines use .pes format exclusively, I believe. You can try re-formatting your files --FREE software to do this...Tajima Pulse Ambassador, Wings My Editor, WilcomTrusizer. Really nice to have a program to change format should you get designs not in format for your machine. You have a 4x4 hoop? Remember not to exceed that size when choosing for embroidery. I don't understand if you have an Embrilliance specific program, or just the Thumbnailer which shows images of the designs. I found a very inexpensive program for merging letters and designs at BowsandClothes--it only works with .pes designs in 4x4 or 5x7...but it is very easy to use. There is a youtube video that demos the program @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH-dE8t-Hf4 This would help you arrange your letters.

• JordonWalker0722
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you! I downloaded fonts from Rivermill embroidery and the file comes with several different formats, however when it opens on the software the embrillance it only opens in the .bx file. I have the other files such as the pes in the download but in order for me to get the certain size letter such as right small or left small or middle large I have to individually transfer each letter to the machine and hand place the letters, well that's all I've been able to figure out, does one of the websites you said make it where it opens the pes file and allows you to do the 3 letters at once with the correct size for each letter and then transfer the pattern as a whole? Because when I download the file it has a right side letters in 3 sizes, a middle size letter in 3 sizes and a left size letter in 3 sizes all in the pes, however it only shows the one on the .bx when I open it under that software And yes my machine has a 4x4 hoop so I'm making sure the designs do not exceed that.

• dancingirl_gw
    9 years ago

sent you a mail

• JordonWalker0722
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I purchased the software it was $11.00. I am loving how easy it is to design something and then transfer it to my machine and not having to individually space and place the letters. However when I try to monogram the letters that I have used through the software my machine jams up every time. The thread is becoming really heavy and bunched under the machine and I have broken two needles. Now this may not have to do with the software but I am unsure how to fix this problem. If it is a machine setting Im not even sure what setting to change. Letters and applique letters that I transfer to the machine without the software are working fine... any suggestions? Also how do i flip a letter on the software one of my letters in the pes file is sideways and is pulling up that way through the program. THANKS!!! You've been a ton of help!

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County