Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
desotosteve

Need Some Guidance Please

DeSotoSteve
19 years ago

I'll start by saying that I am totally clueless when it comes to sewing or sewing machines. I'm hoping you kind folks will be willing to point me in the right direction.

My wife has been hinting that she'd like a sewing/embroidering machine. She has a birthday on 12/30 and I was thinking this might be a nice gift idea. She has a basic sewing machine that she has used for over 15 years but it does not embroider. She uses it only occassionally so it doesn't make sense to spend a ton of money on a top-of-the-line machine. I'd like to keep it under $1,000.

I've done some research on the web and I guess I keep coming back to the Singer CE-200. I understand that a few people have had some problems with the computer interface but I'm not too concerned about that (I'm a computer engineer so I'm pretty sure I can get it working as long as it isn't defective). Before I take the plunge and buy one of these, I thought I'd ask your opinions. Is the CE-200 about the best I can do for $900 or should I be giving serious consideration to something else.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Steve

Comments (4)

Sponsored