Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
staasia

downloading free designs and from floppy

staasia
18 years ago

How do you download to pes from the freebie section and a purchaced floppy program.

I saved rosegarland. It is beautiful- and cannot get it in pes or any version.

I have a ULT.

I have the same problem with an Embroidery Magic floppy.

Can't get them to work! Help!!

Stasia

Comments (17)

• colleenny
    18 years ago

If the design doesn't come in pes, there is no way to download it in that format. You need conversion software which will allow you to convert any design to any other. There is a free one that is good. Go to www.pulsemicro.com, there you can find a free download.
    Colleen

• staasia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Coleen-I looked and every download I saw required a purchace of a program. It is also a Tajima or something like that. I have a Brother machine which is a pes. Would I be able to use that on a Brother?

• Islay_Corbel
    18 years ago

Tajima will convert your designs and it's free.

• staasia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

My problem is that I have no clue as to where or how to begin.

• Islay_Corbel
    18 years ago

Go to this website below. It's wonderful.

Here is a link that might be useful: tutorial here

• staasia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for your help.
    I also need to know how to get a program off of an Embroidery Magic floppy. I just bought it and cannot get it to download. I open PE 5 layout and editing. I have my PE Design box attached to the computer. BUT, I cannot get the floppy to download the designs I purchaced. :(
    I have an amazing floppy also that I bought when I got my machine well over a year ago and cannot load that one either. :( :(
    Again, thanks for taking the time to try to help me.
    Stasia

• Islay_Corbel
    18 years ago

I don't have a Brother so I can't help you any further, sorry :(

• colleenny
    18 years ago

Go into www.pulsemicro.com. When the page comes up click on the top bar where it says Products. When that page comes up look on the left side of the screen. Right above the OPTIONS heading, you will see a list. The last on the list is Ambassador. Click on that. It will lead you to the download page. at the top of the page is the download link.
    Colleen

• stitchntime9
    18 years ago

Not to be insulting, how computer literate are you? Have you read your computer manual and hit the F1 key, HELP!?

Usually the free designs are downloaded in a zip file that you later unzip to get the format you want...these files come in many formats including .pes in the zip file.

Once you unzip the file by right clicking on it and left click on extract, choose the .pes format and save it in a temporary folder for your PE software to retrieve from that temporary folder.

You do the same thing with a floppy or CD if it is a zipped file (the zipper on the file says it all).

• staasia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Stitchtime, you are right , I am not computer literate, especially when it comes to embroidery. That is why I am asking what I have posted. I can get by on the internet. That is it!
    As for my initial question regarding the Embroidery Magic disk that I asked about. I called the store yesterday, and discovered that I need the main program and it is not a PE Design program which is what I thought when I bought it. The person at the embroidery store did not ask me if I had the main program. Actually, my friend who was there with me and a lot more experienced than I, did not know it was not part of PED either. So I don't feel so bad now.
    Thanks for the info on the free designs. I did not assume that they are zipped. I will absolutely follow your directions.
    Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to all.
    Stasia

• hoerlel
    18 years ago

Stasia, I understand your confusion with all the software and embroidery terms. I am proficient with a computer, but I still have to learn much about embroidery and downloading freebies and then being able to open them.

I recently purchased a 'previously loved' Brother PC8500 and also along with it received the software for the PC Design software version 3. I realize that it has been updated to version 6 and because of that, I have not downloaded the software to my computer as yet. I am hoping that even with the earlier version, I will be able to open and use pes freebies.

I have been saving all the freebies that I like in a folder called "Embroidery" so that when I am ready to learn this PC Design program, I will be ready to use the embroidery for my projects.

No question is silly or too small to ask. That is how I am learning about embroidery since I was totally a 'dummy' when it came to working with it.

Just keep at it and you will learn what you need and what you can do to use the program and designs that you are saving.

I have also joined quite a few Yahoo Embroidery groups and I have learned a lot from the many talented people on those forums. It might be worth it to join some and just read all the threads. It is a fountain of information out there to be had.

• annabel_aurora
    18 years ago

I have a brother machine and PE-design 4.0 and I am prettty lost too! I am looking for forums like this that I can learn from, which Yahoo forums do you recommend?

• staasia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Annabel Aurora, email me privately. I will get a few together for you for PE Design.
    Stasia

• Islay_Corbel
    18 years ago

Don't want to be a PITA but just bear in mind the rules about sharing designs. You can give people links to websites to download their own freebies, but you can't share designs.

• stitchntime9
    18 years ago

They are talking about the yahoo groups, not designs. We know about designs...it causes posting wars so don't even go there.

Hoertl, you might want to start moving the freebies in design categories under the embroidery folder (sub-folders) instead of lumped in one folder. It makes it easier to find what you want to embroider out. Look at Ann the Gran and how she has her categories...it's a good guide if you are not familiar with directory structure. When you are done with that, back that folder up on cd in case you have a computer crash and lose those folders and hard work.

• staasia
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks stitchntime. You are absolutely correct. We were talking about Yahoo Groups.
    I would never presume to give people designs, first because it is not legal, and also because when I look at designs free and otherwise, 99.9+ percent of them are not anything that would interest me.
    Why load your computer with stuff you will never look at a second time. Search for yourself. They are easy enough to find once you learn how. Learning where to go is the important thing.
    A lot of the groups, like this one, have a lot to offer. Many are specific to certain interests. Also the best ones are often referals from people with the same interests in embroidery.
    Thanks again.

• Islay_Corbel
    18 years ago

Here's a great source for finding designs.

Here is a link that might be useful: search for designs

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions