Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
newbie, i just bought a pe 100

Posted by lindasarah (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 1, 06 at 6:13

hi
im new to the world of embroidery, i just bought a 2nd hand brother pe100, i was shocked to find out the price for the software for it, about 500 uk pounds. i have a reader/writer, but no card or software, can anyone help or suggest what to do. also do you embroider onto cloth or straight onto stabiliser.
thank you so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: newbie, i just bought a pe 100

You need a card and Embird is a good software program that doesn't cost too much. Usually you put your fabric on top of the stabilizer. It really depends on what you are making. Colleen

o
RE: newbie, i just bought a pe 100

There should have been several disks that came with the machine. One is the program disk, the other is a dvd that tells you about futura, there should be the design software, a USB cord to hook the machine up to your computer (which is how the machine embroiders and transfers the design). There should also have been a machine manual or you can download one from futura support.

You do not need a reader-writer box with this machine because the software converts all formats. The added modules are just that, added modules including autopunch, photostitch, the font engine and cross stitch.

I have a CE-200 that came with the autopunch. I purchased the cross stitch module later. Wait and the prices will go down...everything new is expensive and then prices reduce later.

I highly recommend that you join all of the yahoo support groups for Futura. Do a search for Futura and join. There is a weath of valuable information.

The first thing I would do is run Futura through the sewing side to make sure the machine works since you bought it used. By the time you get through, you will find it is worth your money to buy new with a warranty.

Please go to singer.com and futura.support. You will learn much about your machine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here