Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
P E Design 5 and 6

Posted by staasia (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 26, 04 at 0:56

I'm curious.
Is it worth the additional investment to upgrade from PE Design 5 to PE Design 6 ?
Does the upgrade make whatever PE Design does, worthwhile, or better yet, easier to do ?
Also how much is the upgrade?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: P E Design 5 and 6

I am just getting to grips with 5, having bought it sometime ago with an 80pounds sterling instruction CD that doesn't work on my PC! Loes, the producer of the CD, was not very helpful; then I found Madmumblers on the web and bought their instruction manual for a fraction of the price of the other CD and am now getting on famously!! I have bought the V.6 upgrade which I can only quote in UK pounds - I think it was 195 - as it does have some nice little tweaks on it that are helpful. The first is a design database which actually SHOWS all the designs and will also convert files from one type to another [such as a HUS to a PES etc.]. It recalculates stitches when resizing, instead of just stretching or shrinking and there are several new fill stitches. There is an applique "wizard", auto background deletion for photo and cross stitch and a data split tool if you want a part of a pattern - not like the "box" that only lets you move a square.
Hope this doesn't sound too involved - let me tell you I have only been actually learning this now from my new manual for about 4 days - prior to that I didn't understand a thing!!
Good luck

o
RE: P E Design 5 and 6

Mavis-
Is Madmumblers on the internet? Is it a book? Who authored it?
Where did you find it? I'm curious.
Stasia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here