Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
singer XL6000

Posted by mizmeow (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 21, 07 at 0:39

I am thinking of buying singer XL6000. I did the virtual tour of the Viking SE and got to like the features, but the price was not for me. The singer XL6000 seems to have many of the same features, not all, but still...

Would love to hear comments, positive and/or negative, regarding performance of the singer XL6000....I looked at the Futura, but when the clerk showed me a sample of an embroidery design done by a Futura 250 and the Viking SE, unless it was some sort of manipulative technique to sell a higher priced machine, there was a difference in the quality of the design, just cleaner edges, filled in more completely.....was it just the power of suggestion or bad eyes? Does a machine like the Viking SE or Singer XL6000 really produce a better embroidery design than, for example, a lesser machine moneywise?

I have never done machine embroidery before, but am good with software and competent with regular sewing machines and, I should mention, I am fearless and determined....but I want a good machine that produces as good a quality design as I can afford....can anyone out there help me?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: singer XL6000

I have a almost brand new XL6000 with all attachments for sale. The embroidery parts are still in an unopened bag, never attached to machine. Nothing wrong with it, I just have some health issues and need money to help with expensed.

Thanks
Paula

o
RE: singer XL6000

I have had the XL 6000 for six years and have found it wonderful. Not only does it have the double thread automatic threader but it is much quicker than most other models. You can connect directly with the computer to download any of your patterns. I use HUS but it will take other designs. It is very easy to use and has color display. You can store some designs right on the machine and it has built in design also.

The other option is the new Futura 400 XL. I have been thinking of purchasing it as it is less $$$ than the 6000. It is a really nice machine and I could use it at our winter resident.

It depends on how much embroidery you want to do. It you are going to make a sell quilts etc then the 6000 is good. I also think the new 400 XL is very adequate and chaper. I do know that you can find the XL 6000 online through eBay (if that is allowed to say here I hope) however the 400 XL will still be cheaper. It is not as fast as the 6000 but good. It also has a nice stitch and a larger frame than the 6000.

If there is anything I can help you with please don't hesitate to email me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here