Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txwayno

SInger Futura and Autopunch problem

txwayno
15 years ago

Online looking for help and stumbled upon your site. Hope someone can help us figure this out. My wife and I are right in the middle of trying to learn how to use the embroidery feature of her machine. We were able to load the Autopunch software, download a picture and even have learned that we needed to be a little simpler with the design as the machine seems to not handle the detail we were throwing at it. So, with a basic design (Bull dog) we have started on some shirts. It stitches very well at first, but we are having a problem with the design moving between blocks. I am talking a 1/16th to 1/8th inch! The first one we did was fine till the very last when we sent the block to outline the shape. It was way off. The next one didn't even make it that far before it "moved" on us. It may stitch one or two blocks just fine and then the very next one and all that follow are way off. Any ideas as to why the design is "moving" on us??

Thanks for any help you can pass on.

Wayne and Lisa

Comments (6)

• msmeow
    15 years ago

Are you stabilizing the fabric? You need to have at least one layer of stabilizer in the hoop under the fabric. The stabilizer keeps the fabric from stretching or shifting while the machine is embroidering. If you're stitching on knit shirts, you need an iron on stabilizer on the shirt and a cut away or tear away in the hoop.

Donna

• txwayno
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes,
    we are using a stabilizer in the hoop. Keep in mind that the design is not "stretching" or continuously shifting. It makes one big move. Then all the rest of the blocks are in the same alignment, but an 1/8" off from the first blocks. I am thinking it has something to do with the error we keep getting after the first half of the body stitches. Going to try a save that block till the very last and see what happens.
    Thanks for your reply.

• harlwmbrownxl_gmail_com
    13 years ago

Ok I am very fustrated with the futura auto punch software......very fimiliar with it I went out and purchased a loptop just for my ce100....tried to contact singer no phone no.....as if the new this would later be a problem...I spent all this money.....realtalk I need some to tell me how to install autopunch....I have the patch for xp....with is what I'm running justt for my ce100....I have had this software for years and has never had a problem only when I have to reinstall....please help...I get a error. Message fatal error..1001 and I have to uninstal the whole program......singer customer sevice sucks

• q-83_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

HI I TRIED INSTALLING FUTURA AUTOPUNCH WIT NO LUCK
    CAN ANY ONE PLESE HELP. I TRIED EVERYTHING BUT JUST CAAN GET IT RIGHT. :(

• Bonnie Gibson
    8 years ago

Good luck, I tried to open some pictures my grandson had drawn with no luck. But there was a site I found that had similar pictures in an embroidery file that down loaded so half way through the machine locked up. I cleaned it and oiled it and started over with no luck. I guess I have to take it apart to the wheel and see if it is bound up there. Any suggestions for that?? When it works I love it.

• Bonnie Gibson
    8 years ago

talk about saving etc. When I purchased my machine via TV. It said you could go back stitches. HOW? My patch broke the bottom thread and didn't stop running for a few minutes. And can you save your project and continue it later.. I don't see how that can happen. Any Help appreciated?

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor