Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I want to purchase an embroidery machine

Posted by bowbido (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 29, 04 at 0:01

I work for franchisee of 20 pizzerias. I want to get an embroidery machine to apply employee names and titles to shirts, hats and aprons. I've been browsing through some sites and have seen machines from $300 to $40,000. I'm not looking to do any designs, just letters and numbers. We can spend as much as $150 per month per store to have our uniforms done at an embroidery shop. I think having our own machine will pay for itself. Can anyone suggest an appropriate machine for my needs? Or can you recommend what features I need in a machine for the projects I'll be doing? Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Erin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I want to purchase an embroidery machine

There are some simple basic machines like brother and white. You could check them out I don't know the size of your lettering. Your best best is to check out the lettler sizing and number sizing to see if it meets your needs.

o

Check out the Janome MC300e. It is an embroidery only machine which comes with two hoop sizes and you have the option of purchasing additional hoops including one that embroiders on hats. The ranges of the hoops go from 2 x 2 inches to 7 x 9 inches. The machine does lettering and numbers in several different sizes and fonts including the ability to download anything from the computer with an ATA card you plug into the machine. If you decide to go with this machine make sure the dealer updates the software to the latest version that will accept the largest hoop size (GigaHoop). These machines retail at $1400, so depending on your dealer I'm sure you can get it for below retail price.

http://janome.com/product_show.php?id=436

o

If you haven't purchased your machine yet, check out (free) the consumers report magazine website for their sewing machine ratings. I just printed it out a few nights ago and it's great.

Here is a link that might be useful: consumer reports sewing machine ratings

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here