Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Viking designer SE Upgrade

Posted by sadiesews (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 07 at 23:33

As a follow up to my 11/5 message, I found out what was happening to my designs after I had the upgrade for the jump stitch cutter. Those top threads when cut have to go somewhere, so they are pulled to the back and then as the stitching continues, they get caught in the stitches. The longer the jump stitches and the amount of jump stitches increases the messy back. The technician reminded me to go under "tools" and turn the cutter off when working with projedcts where the back will be seen. When I did that, the back was lovely. The cutter is such a time-saving device that I have decided to use it on projects where the back won't be seen; i.e. quilt blocks. Then when I want to do tablecloths or napkins I'll turn off the jump cutter and take the time to cut the stitches. It was alarming to me this weekend so I was glad today when I found out what I had to do to get those neat backs. I imagine Viking will release upgrades to this feature as time goes on. It's a good thing once I discovered how to use it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here