Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trying to embroider tea towels for Christmas

Posted by kraftyvada (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 17, 07 at 23:17

I'm trying to embroider 7 sets of tea towels for xmas. I bought the PED basic and then found out I couldn't scan my patterns in and put it on the disk. I have gone thru the 25 pages of postings and my head is spinning!! I have learned a lot!! Wish I knew about this forum before I started! My question is, if I scan my transfers in, if I use one of the free converting programs, will that transfer to a PES file that I can use on my Innov-is 500D Brother? I've had the machine for about 2 years but the only thing I've done is monagram towels last year for christmas. My computer is an older model with Windows 98 so a lot of programs won't work. I can't afford to spend much on these new programs. Can anyone help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying to embroider tea towels for Christmas

I have ped ver 6, but I am not sure that I know what you mean by scan my transfers in. Does your machine have memory card compatibility? I am just learning myself, so I may not be much help. I am sure someone knows exactly what you need to do.

o

Are you scanning iron on transfers that are meant for hand embroidery? If so, you will need some kind of digitizing program, and then you will need to learn how to digitize. You would probably be better off to down load some designs that are already digitized. There are many sites that have free designs and many others that have designs for purchase. A few that come to mind are Embroidery Library, Ann the Gran, and My Embroidery Haven.

Donna

o

Yea, that was my original plan was to scan in my regular iron on transfers, put them on a card for my machine and just do a regular outline stitch on them. Now I'm finding out that won't work. I have checked out the numerous sites (WOW!!!) and will probably have to end up using some of them instead. I love this site and I have learned so much!! Everybody is so helpful!! I'm trying to learn if the Embird program will do what I want for next time. I haven't downloaded the free trial yet, just a little bit leary about it still!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here