Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Husqvarna Viking Software

Posted by ngmnewlywed (susiegrl@gmail.com) on
Fri, Nov 10, 06 at 21:46

Hello.
I am looking for Husqvarna Viking Digitizing Software. I have purchased the Embroidery Studio and now would like to get the Digitizing so I can convert my pictures into embroidery. Please let me know if anyone has this available. Thank you!!
Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Husqvarna Viking Software

Just a suggestion....I have the digitizing software...and boy was it PRICEY. All husqvarna products are overpriced and proprietary *in my opinion*.....a better bet would be to purchase Embird...cheaper and as effective. Just a thought.

o

does it work with designer 1??

o

Possibly look for software on ebay

o

I have a SimplicitySE3, which comes with Embird, and I will definately register and purchase the 2006 product upgrade.
After downloading the program for my Vikant box and card, I am thrilled with it so much to take and many more dollars to spend too, I have no doubt. My machine only takes PES format, so I have only looked at Embird. The cost is suffient as is.
Regards,
moggy_11

o

Embird 2006 works fine with Designer 1. Easy to convert to SHV and put on a floppy.
I do believe the 2006 version is the first time that Embird does make a floppy for the D1.

o

I have checked, and the Ultimate Box/Embird combination does not read/write to d-cards (used by the 950E and 955E Platinum Husqvarana machines. Can you use the HV reader/writer for these machines and then use Embird? Anyone have any experience with this?

o

Will the Embird software create a USB stick as well as the floppy? I have just gotten a Designer 1 and it takes the stick, not the floppy. I was also given the embroidery studio but I think I want the functionality of the digitizer module which means purchasing that as an add on or going with the Viking Professional software version. I came across the Embird software in my searches and it seems like a viabile option. This machine is leaps and bounds above my previous and I am amazed at the capabilities. From the Embird site I think the stick is supported but am not sure. Thanks,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here