Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tricialynn_gw

please help se-270d doesn't read card

tricialynn
17 years ago

Hi everyone. You all sound so experienced with various sewing and embroidery machines and I'm really hoping that one of you can help me. I recently purchased a second-hand SE-270D and a second-hand PED Basic. The software is Version 1.0 The problem I'm having is that SE-270 won't recognize the card and I keep getting the "this card won't work with this machine" message. I can write a design to the card so the card appears to be working. Does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening? I am so upset that I can't transfer designs to use with my machine and could really use some advice. Thank you!!!

Comments (3)

• bkfdwife
    17 years ago

Hi tricialynn!
    First make sure the designs you are putting on the card are no larger than 4x4 and are in PES format. Look at your settings on your PED Basic. Then try transferring just one design. If this doesn't work, go to www.brother.com follow the links for home embroidery, downloads, and get the update for the PED Basic. If I remember correctly, I had to uninstall my basic, then use their version to reinstall. It sounds scary, but is really easy. Go check out brother site if you haven't already!
    Please let us know how it's going!I've had that machine almost a year now and love it!
    Lisa

• donnashep
    17 years ago

tricialynn-
    pe design does not read ped basic. (i learned that the hard way too) what you need is a patch that makes it work just fine :)
    i have one for pe design 5, and have seen them here for pedesign 6 so i am sure there is one out ther for your version as well.

• grannibobbi
    17 years ago

I hope you got your problem solved. I had the same problem. I uninstalled the program first. I went to the Brother's web site and downloaded the updated version for the hardware driver for the PED. That solved the problem. When you buy designs make sure they are 4x4's. It works fine now.

Sponsored