Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PE-150 Says Thread Is Broken, But It Isn't!

Posted by tnkrbel (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 20, 08 at 19:56

As it says in my title, my machine keeps saying that the upper or lower thread is broken, but it isn't. I have tried everything I can think of...new needle, rethreading (top and bottom), adjusting top tension, cleaning out the bobbin area...it does it on designs that I have done before that stitched fine as well as simple text straight from the machine. Most of the time I can just keep pressing the start button and it will eventually work its way through it, but then in those areas the thread is loose.

About the same time this started happening, the upper thread started completely covering the bobbin thread on the bottom side of the fabric. Before, when I use white bobbin thread, the bottom of the design would be mostly white. Now it is completely the upper thread, with none of the bobbin thread showing.

I do have an idea of one thing that could be causing a problem...not too long ago I decided to take the bobbin area apart to clean it out. I took everything out that I could. Since doing that, I found out that one of the two screws inside the bobbin area actually controls the bobbin tension! Yikes! I'm sure I tightened both screws down all the way. But, I don't know which of the 2 screws is the one that controls the tension, and I don't know how tight/loose it should be.

Other than that, all of my research is pointing to the fact that it is a computer issue rather than a mechanical issue...that means it will have to be sent in for repairs, which will take 2 weeks and cost $150...with the holidays coming up, I don't have that much time or money! I would love to be able to try and find a solution that I can fix myself...any ideas???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PE-150 Says Thread Is Broken, But It Isn't!

Hi, I am not an expert by any means, but I would think the bobbin case is probably the problem. It may be cheaper to buy a new bobbin case and keep the old one (loosen the tension on it) for doing bobbin work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here