Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dancingirl_gw

P E Design v4.02 software question

dancingirl_gw
11 years ago

I bought a used emb. machine exactly like one I already had--because I loved the first one so much. The machine came with P E v4 software which I do not need because I have later version. I have had difficulty selling it because (I think) the reader/writer box connects via serial or parallel port. Most computers now have USB ports. Does anyone know of alternatives for connecting the box? The program cannot even be accessed unless the box is connected. It's a wonderful digitizing program & it's a shame not to see it put to use. I'd appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks for tuning in.

Comments (12)

• dancingirl_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

HUGE update! I found a cable with a serial connector on one end, (the specified Brother #) and a USB connector on the other end. Now i am GOOD TO GO!,

• suzqsnoopy
    9 years ago

Do you still have your embroidery items for sale? (PE Scanner, etc...) If you do please let me know. Thanks! snoopyismydog@gmail.com

• Harmony Olsen
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Dancingirl_gw

I need to know the exact cord that you used on your pe design ? I just bought that exact same one i have no idea what to plug it into ...but if i had this it would be perfect...can you get the name of the usb plug for me??

Also im thinking about getting the Brother DecoscanII. The funny thing is iit has the funny cords also ....most of thease are OBSOLETE. But. They still can get some good use out of them ....im a beginner on embroidery....but love it!

Please email me @

3harmonyo@gmail.com

• subtk
    8 years ago

Hi everyone!

I want to buy "PE Design" and the Brother card reader of old type, "Pe design 4" or early. For to write on the brother memory card "SA 308" of old type.

Or for to write other card reader on the brother memory card "SA 308" of old type. Cheap. Shipping to Russian Federation.

The request to write on email please: subtk@rambler.ru

All of the best in your life!

• subtk
    8 years ago

I have Windows XP, 32 bit processor. My computer has a serial and parallel ports for connecting. Need a "PE Design" and the Brother card reader of old type, "Pe design 4" or early. For to write on the brother memory card "SA 308" of old type.

Or for to write other card reader on the brother memory card "SA 308" of old type.
    Or anything for to write on the brother memory card "SA 308" of old type.
    Thank you all in advance for your feedback! :-)

• subtk
    8 years ago

Sorry... Very big image... :-)

• dancingirl_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

That is the "pink" card I was referring to. Correct, the newer (version 5 and up) will not recognize this card. However, all the later machines WILL. I have 4 of these cards...they are also used in the Brother P E Scan. These cards are quite hard to find for replacement those still using the older softwares. I have seen the older software sets, V 1-4 listed for sale on ebay. Unfortunately, most of them are lacking the security device. Be very careful if you buy there....be sure it is included. Many were lost or stopped working. Mine is on an old computer somewhere in this world--that was given for recycle. 24 hrs later when remembered, it was too late.

• subtk
    8 years ago

Hi dancingirl_gw!

Indeed! Thank you very much! :-)

• subtk
    8 years ago

On ebay yet I have found nothing. Maybe I will find the card reader of the third-party developer. It will replace the card reader the brother and I will be able to write designs. :-)

• ali & abeeha ejaz
    7 months ago

i need this

• ali & abeeha ejaz
    7 months ago

emb card reder