Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
P E Design v4.02 software question

Posted by dancingirl (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 24, 12 at 18:35

I bought a used emb. machine exactly like one I already had--because I loved the first one so much. The machine came with P E v4 software which I do not need because I have later version. I have had difficulty selling it because (I think) the reader/writer box connects via serial or parallel port. Most computers now have USB ports. Does anyone know of alternatives for connecting the box? The program cannot even be accessed unless the box is connected. It's a wonderful digitizing program & it's a shame not to see it put to use. I'd appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks for tuning in.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: P E Design v4.02 software question

HUGE update! I found a cable with a serial connector on one end, (the specified Brother #) and a USB connector on the other end. Now i am GOOD TO GO!,

o
RE: P E Design v4.02 software question

I intended to upload a pix of the cable, but was too excited about my discovery....didn' t know it existed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here