Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bobbin Thread showing on PE 180D

Posted by ChristinV (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 22, 04 at 18:32

I have a Brother PE 180D that usually works fine. However, when I run out of bobbin thread in the middle of design it seems to freak it out! When I start up again the lower thread shows on the top, so much so that you can't even see the upper thread. The problem does not lie with the upper thread tension, and I am sure that I am threading the upper thread correctly. I have an inkling that the problem lies in the lower thread tension but I have no idea how to fix that. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bobbin Thread showing on PE 180D

My PC8500 sometimes leaves a pretty long piece of bobbin thread when it runs out, and sometimes that will pull to the top when I start again. Are you sure it's the new bobbin thread coming up? Seems weird that it works fine unless you change the bobbin in the middle of a design. Do you have to take the hoop off to get to the bobbin? If not, maybe you aren't getting the bobbin in quite right, or the thread in the tension quite right. I know mine is sometimes hard to get the thread in right because the embroidery arm is in the way.

o
RE: Bobbin Thread showing on PE 180D

Christin -- take your bobbin out and put it in correctly - this will probably take care of your bobbin thread coming to the top. Make sure you also bring the bobbin thread out in the correct manner - I have a Brother PE 770.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here