Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In the Market for an embroidery Machine

Posted by catmom50 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 21, 04 at 18:03

With a budget of 800$ any ideas of a good machine for embroidery? I have been told the Janome300E,White 3300, and Husqvarna Iris are in my price range. I just don't want to get into something that is going to end up costing me alot to add to.
I have a good Janome sewing machine so only need embroidery.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In the Market for an embroidery Machine

Besides the cost of your machine, the cost of your supplies to get started gets expensive quick. You will need several kinds of stabilizers, bobbin thread, embroidery thread, scissors to clip threads called "jump stitches", spray adhesives & etc.

Go to the Thread Artist site & check out her free lessons on embroidery. Those will help you understand the concept & maybe give you an idea of what you need by what you plan to use it for. These give insight to supplies you need & maybe will shead light on what choice to make in your machine purchase. FIND A GOOD DEALER THAT CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS BEFORE HAND & AFTER YOU BUY!

o

I have a big problem. I already have clients lined up, but i don't have an embroidery machine. I'm going into business to make custom made items with embroidery, but i don't know which machine to buy. I can't invest TOO much money. Any ideas?

o

If you are doing custom made items with embroidery you will need a larger hoop area than the Brother pe-150 or the White machines the price range can be from $800 to over a $1,000 dollars!
Besides the cost of your machine, the cost of your supplies to get started gets expensive quick. You will need several kinds of stabilizers, bobbins and needles , embroidery thread, scissors to clip threads called "jump stitches", spray adhesives & etc You never did state what you wanted to INVEST?

o

If you don't mind getting a used machine, you should be able to find a Brother 8200 on ebay or maybe from a dealer for under $800. That would get you a 5x7 sewing field (and the ability to sew in case your other sewing machine is in the shop).

o

Ok, I have decided on a Janome 300E. I had a test drive today, and loved it. Maybe not top of the line, but for home use for a beginner, I think it is what I could get lots of use out of.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here