Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lasmt

Singer Quantum XL-6000 Threads

lasmt
18 years ago

I just updated to a Singer XL-6000. Oh my I made a few assumptions along with a few wrong advice turns by the dealers. Still here I am with this awesome machine. Not your lightweight POEM of lore. Not as intuitive as the POEM ran under dos and early windows updates. So it's not easy to get started and running. No classes up here in our rural area. Hundreds of miles from nearest dealer and they don't carry this machine. So feel free to make postings if you use this machine with any hints as to what works and why for you. I'm searching for tuturials now. Will download the Singer site one for this machine in hopes it helps. Also opted out of expensive Compucon-singer softwares. Going with PE-Design 6. Then it's tutorial at artstitch.com and the Vector drawing program they also carry. The last item is not needed. I picked up a converter program on ebay from the developer. Though some commercial designs provide you with a convertor you can take advantage of which I have. (They sell in PES for example but I need Singers XXX and the converter they attach does this.) Now I'm ready to convert my own orginal designs or any commercial designs for just about anyones format to use with the Singer XL-6000 all under 100. No expensive card reader writers are needed, no expensive digitizing programs either. The PE-6 program which is available from ebay for under 50 along with a converter program usually under 50.00. Any experienced Singer Quantum digitizers insights that are willing to share we would all appreciate. Thanks and always think outside of the box...ALWAYS:)))

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County