Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Error msg trying to use PE Design 5.0 Basic

Posted by Stitchem (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 8, 05 at 15:10

Hi everyone! I hope some of you with more experience can offer some suggestions for me, please. I still haven't gotten this to work for me, so am a little frustrated.

I'm getting an error msg "unexpected file format" after Stage 4 when trying to do File->Import of my line drawing, after going thru stages 1-4, and saving it as a .pem file. I follow the instructions to open Layout & Editing, and try to import the .pem file, and then I get the error msg. I need to open it and save as a .pes fie for my Brother machine.

TIA for any suggestions!

P.S. to TChampluvier: I'm sorry I haven't gotten far along enough to make a recommendation. I'm still trying to get this part to work! Maybe someone else can help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Error msg trying to use PE Design 5.0 Basic

Stitchem, I have PE Design 2.5, and whenever I get that message it usually means the design was created in a higher version of PE Design and my olk clunky version can't read it.

In your case I'd guess there's something corrupt in the .pem file, or maybe you missed a step - it seems like mine goes to a .pel file before the final .pes format. Hopefully someone will see this who knows more about it than I do! :)

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here