Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner

Posted by redpenny (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 10, 07 at 14:52

Does anyone have a Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner and if so could you give me some information on it.. Is this like a reader writer box or different.Also would this work with a brother PE-150?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner

I to am also interested in learning more about this product...Anyone know what the cost is and how well it works?

o

I have a 150 and the PE Scan. Yes they are compatible. The PE actually scans a design and converts it. Takes a bit of practice to get used to it. I used it for solid color designs....

o

Hi, i have a brother super galaxie II sewing machine. It says that a pe-scan works with this, but only the pe-scan II is available now.
I need to know what the difference is between the two and whether I can safely buy a II.
If any one had one for sale with Card?

o

New to this .
I have the scanner but not the manual for it but if someone knows where i can get one free please can you tell me.
i am new to all this you may have seen i bought a pe- 150 brother embroidery machine that too i am having problems with so all round i am too looking for answers. thank you all

o

dollygeff...yes I have the manual for PE Scan II. Contact me via 'my page' and I can mail you the PDF, which you can then print off.

o

Ninasten--I do have the PE Scanner II with manual & 2 cards-for sale--but you are so far away! I am in U.S. and the shipping would be so high. Have you done an ebay search?

o

redpenny--with the scanner, you draw your own images, or copy from children's coloring books, etc. You scan the drawing once for solid stitching, or you fill in portions of the drawing with marker and scan again. Each scan adds another ''layer'' of embroidery. Finally, you save the design to card. The scanner also has fonts built in. I have found no way to transfer from card to computer--not smart enough to figure that out! And yes, the card works with my Brother pe200, as well as my 2003D ULT. As I understand the Brother machines, they will read older cards/formats without difficulty. I don't have talent or patience, so I have the PE Design software. I hope this little bit of info answers your question.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here