Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningwithnoskill

Need help with Singer Futura 250. Sooo bummed.

I got a Singer Futura 250 LAST Xmas and I've been using it to sew, but never hooked up the embroidery part. I often have E1 errors while sewing when I can clearly see the thread is not broken. Sometimes the E1 error comes up every 10 seconds - sometimes every 5 minutes, but always while sewing.

My mother, who is a much better sewer than I, came up this week to teach me how to use the embroidery part of the machine. Everytime we sew with the hoop attached, it does a few stitches and then the E1 error comes up...but the thread is not broken. It's sooooo frustrating. The sewing machine was a gift and ordered from QVC so I can't take it back to them. When it does these few stitches on the embroidery hoop (before the E1 error shuts things down) it pulls up the bobbin thread into the design.

We've tried different stablizers, different weight fabrics...we have "real" embroidery thread, real embroidery bobbin thread - we've rethreaded the machine 1000 times. We took apart the plate and cleaned it all out. And the E1 is still showing up every 5 seconds and sucking the life out of me.

Any suggestions? You'll be my hero if you have a suggestion for me. I'm at a loss.

Thanks SOOO much!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz