Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with Singer Futura 250. Sooo bummed.

Posted by gardeningwithnoskill (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 19, 08 at 14:51

I got a Singer Futura 250 LAST Xmas and I've been using it to sew, but never hooked up the embroidery part. I often have E1 errors while sewing when I can clearly see the thread is not broken. Sometimes the E1 error comes up every 10 seconds - sometimes every 5 minutes, but always while sewing.

My mother, who is a much better sewer than I, came up this week to teach me how to use the embroidery part of the machine. Everytime we sew with the hoop attached, it does a few stitches and then the E1 error comes up...but the thread is not broken. It's sooooo frustrating. The sewing machine was a gift and ordered from QVC so I can't take it back to them. When it does these few stitches on the embroidery hoop (before the E1 error shuts things down) it pulls up the bobbin thread into the design.

We've tried different stablizers, different weight fabrics...we have "real" embroidery thread, real embroidery bobbin thread - we've rethreaded the machine 1000 times. We took apart the plate and cleaned it all out. And the E1 is still showing up every 5 seconds and sucking the life out of me.

Any suggestions? You'll be my hero if you have a suggestion for me. I'm at a loss.

Thanks SOOO much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with Singer Futura 250. Sooo bummed.

I don't know anything about your particular machine, but it sounds like something is wrong in its "brain." I would take it to an authorized Singer repair shop and have them check it out. Does QVC provide warrantees? If it's less than a year old I would think the warranty would still be in effect.

Donna

o

It could be the thread sensor. Seems like that model has a thing for that issue, or so I have heard. As msmeow said, make sure you don't have a warranty. You may be able to call qvc and give them the serial number and get help with answering that question.

o

There are two yahoo groups for the Singer Futura that can answer your questions. One is called "FuturaEmbroidery" and the other "QuantumFuturaHelpingHand" I tried to post the url but my posting wouldn't go through.
MaryAnne

o
RE: Need help with Singer Futura 250. So bummed.

i need help when us the embroidery and do my design when hoop on then ready to sew but it moves in to place when you press send to block the needle go down then move to were it start to sew but it sew a strait line before it sew my design and leaves a line threw my design never us to do it driven me mad because i have to stop the embroidery to tack the stitching out before i can carry on help

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here