Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Viking Designer 1 vs Designer 1 USB

Posted by
ginny.leah
(gw:ginny.leah) on
Sat, Nov 11, 06 at 14:14

I have a Viking Designer 1 that I love... except for downloading designs using the old "floppy disk" format. I know I haven't used the embroidery function as much as I would like to becasue of this.
I know Viking has a Designer 1 USB out that you can use "sticks" on -- any comments from owners of the USB would be helpful. Is it worth the change or not?
Thanks for any comments.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Viking Designer 1 vs Designer 1 USB

Ginny I own a Designer SE and I would highly recommend the USB vs floppy. I started out with the D1 and traded up and absolutely love the convenience of the bigger screen, USB and all the other wonderful features. Some dealers depending on how old your D1 is, they will give you a good trade-in. Good luck on your decision.

You do know there is a re-call on some of the D1's? Go on there website and they give you the numbers, there is a risk of catching on fire.

Wanda

o
RE: Viking Designer 1 vs Designer 1 USB

I own a designer 1 USB. really love it but need advice on the software is there a cheaper product that will work with
the viking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here