Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Featherweight

Posted by keepeminstitches (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 16, 06 at 13:31

I got a Featherweight 221 yesterday!! I'm so thrilled that I don't quite know what to do. I happened to mention to the woman who owns the fabric store where I just started work that I've been lusting after one for ages. She said her sewing machine tech had one he wanted to sell. So she called him Tuesday, and he sent it to our sales meeting yesterday with an attendee from another fabric store who, I guess, lives near him. It purrs like a kitten, does a fabulous stitch and is in great shape for a machine that was probably made mid 1952 to early 1955. Case smells a little musty, but not bad. I have fabric softener sheets and a package of desiccant (like you sometimes find in shoe, camera or computer boxes) in the case which should help. It came with some bobbins and what looks like the original instruction booklet, but no extra accessories, so I'll be prowling ebay some more, I guess. I've put a pic in the Gallery. Such bliss!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Featherweight

Welcome to the club. You can also get a 1/4" foot for this baby...A friend recommended the knife edged one rather than the other version.

I fortunately inherited mine. :) Congratulations on your new baby.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here