Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joansews4u

Thread bargain

joansews4u
19 years ago

I bought the whole tread range of ARC thread from Allbrands in LA in Sept for $349 for the 288 cones plus a CD of 3700 designs. I was very pleased with the bonus CD. I now see they have it for $299. S/H was less than $12. A good item to put on your Christmas wish list.

Comments (14)

• msmeow
    19 years ago

Thanks for the info, Joan! I also saw in my JoAnn's flyer that beginning Nov. 11 they have thread and notions 50% off.

• redpenny
    19 years ago

I am waiting to for the Sale at Joann's they are having a big Veterans Sale! Embroidery thread I am running low!

• sherwood38
    19 years ago

I have a lot of threads because I gots lots & lots FREE with my Koala cabinet two years ago and then another lot free this spring when I bought their craft table.

However I seem to run out of white and black embroidery thread sooner than any other color so I was glad when I saw that flyer from JoAnn's I plan to stock up on those two colors. I am participating in a bookmark & Christmas Card exchange and have to make approx 20 bookmarks!

Pat

• rubyjud
    19 years ago

I bought some really beautiful threads from the internet....they are incredible...BUT they break.....I have found that the local stores that sell coats and clark....those do not break.....not so shiny....but they do not break like the others that I have bought....try this out.....this is what I have found out....judy in louisiana

• keepeminstitches
    19 years ago

I get machine embroidery thread on-line from Threadetc.com. It's Isacord polyester. Once a month, they have a special column on sale for $3.10 per 1000m spool, plus s & h. I usually order 10 spools which comes to $40 including s & h (cheaper than the local dealer). I'm trying to collect all 300+ colors. They also have 10 or so neon colors. I have NEVER had it break on me. Very good, fast service, too.

Keepeminstitches

• joansews4u
    Original Author
    19 years ago

If you folks have not tried ARC thread, I encourage you to do so. These are 1000mm polyester cones/spools for a fraction over a dollar each PLUS you get the design card with 3700 designs with several fonts in 3 sizes that can be reduced 10% & increased 20%. There are many catagories of designs, mascots, occupations, sports of several kind. Just a bunch of useful things. My daughter said the CD was worth what I paid for the package deal. There are ARC thread charts on line so you can see the full color range.

• atcsgame
    19 years ago

I have bought the Sylko Machine Embroidery Thread 100% polyester 5000 meter cone 40 weight from Fabric.com. They currently have it for $2.95 per cone. It is made by coats & clark. I like this thread and do not have any breakage problems. I put in on a large thread stand. I had purchased several cones a few years back and really liked the thread. I just recently noticed this other vendor.

• joansews4u
    Original Author
    19 years ago

That is a bargain. I paid $15 each for 2 colors of Sylkoin the 5000 meter cones. I had to have it for a big, hurry up project when I couldn't wait for a shipment.

• lieut27
    19 years ago

I too bought the ARC thread at 299.00. It is great. No thread breaks and a bargain. Shipping was 11.00. Received in two days. They also offer a free thread converter download online. The website is www.melcomart.com

• rubyjud
    19 years ago

ok...joan...where do we find the ARC threads....thanks ...I appreciate your recommendation...but how do we find it...thanks.....Judy in Louisiana

• joansews4u
    Original Author
    19 years ago

SmockingPleaters.com This will take you there Judy

• Jean_R
    19 years ago

I found bargains on thread etc at www.brothermall2.com
    needles thread scissors stablizers great one price shipping too and they sent me a free thread sample chart
    Also found great deals at www.thethreadexchange.com
    Plus my local bedding outlet serger giant cones for one buck and bobbin thread lil"logs" each will wind 2 whole bobbins full. More than I can use in my lifetime. Just like passing on great deals to all of us sewers Happy sewing all

• AuntMary
    19 years ago

Hi,
    You might check out Marathon Threads, www.marathonthreadsusa.com. They have a special to expire tomorrow, 320 1100 yd cones, free shipping for 456.75. I have used the threads and they are very good. No breakage and true colors, no streaking. I ordered once from the web and once was enough.

• mimirose
    17 years ago

Check Threadart.com - great prices, fast shipping, wonderful thread

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022