Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PLEASE Help me pick a writer box

Posted by TChampluvier (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 7, 05 at 13:04

Ultimate box, Amazing box, or Brother PE Design???
I have a Brother PC 6500 and my computer has Windows XP
I would like to spend only $200.

From my understanding the PE Design has to be a 5.0 (cost $899) in order to work for me and that is far out of my price range.

The ultimate box may be a bit cheaper than the amazing box but I'm not sold on that, so confusing.

I am thinking that the Amazing box is what I will want. I know it works for my machine but what about my computer? Is it XP compatible? Another question, is it worth it to spend the extra money and get the Amazing box II that comes with the magic 2 digitizing software now. I can get it at AllBrands for $280

Creativity can sometimes be a curse.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PLEASE Help me pick a writer box

I have the Ultimate box which is compatible with Brother machines and windows XP. It is also compatible with Embird if you are thinking about getting that.

o

Well, this won't help you, because I have the Amazing Box and it is also compatible with Brother and XP! If you only want to be able to copy designs onto the card for the machine, I think any reader/writer will work. I don't know about the Ultimate Box, but the Amazing Box converts file formats to .pes.

If you want to edit designs, you'll need some kind of software like Embird, and if you want to digitize your own designs you'll need digitizing software like PE Design or the Embird plug in for digitizing. You'll also need a lot of time and patience to learn how to do it!

Donna

o

The Ultimate box doesn't convert formats. You need a seperate program for that. I didn't know that about the Amazing box.

o

When I had my brother I used PED basic. It is only for copying to a card but works great. You can download designs and copy to the card. It is just over $100.00 I think.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here