Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Letters/Fonts

Posted by amyjackson (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 20, 06 at 11:18

I have a Brother 270 and am just loving it! I was wondering if there are letters out there that can be downloaded that function like the ones that came with my machine do. I have so far used some letters that I downloaded, but they show up as individual letters, and I can't put them together to make words/names, which is difficult because it seems hard to me to guess about spacing the letters far enough, but not too far, apart. When I use the letters that came with the machine, I can put in "words" or whole "names"instead of doing it one by one, and so everything is spaced correctly. Doing it individually is a challenge for me...THANK YOU!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Letters/Fonts

All fonts you come up with work that way. The only solution is in a software program. I have PE 6.0 & my daughter uses it to do our writing.

o

Just get the basic Embird and fonts are about $15. You can add the font engine and use any windows font.

o

Thank you !!!!!

o

I went to the embird site and found the basic program and it was about $129. and the font engine was about 149. Where do you find it for $15.

Thanks Lynne

o

You can buy individual fonts from Embird for $15.
If you want to be able to use any windows font then that will cost you $149 for Font Engine.

o

pe design also uses any windows font to generate embroidery fonts.
for simple monograming fonts try annthegran.com freebies and use them with your card.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here