Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
babylock ellure

Posted by mstevenson (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 22, 05 at 10:45

I have a babylock ellure. When I am embroidering the thread keeps breaking. The manual says to put a net over the thread. Does anyone know anything about this? Is this something you buy or make yourself? Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: babylock ellure

you buy them in packets. what they do is prevent the thread from falling loose under the spool getting caught and then breaking from too much tension. but thats not the only cause of breakage. Are you using embroidery needles> they have a thin groove for the thicker thread.

the other solution is to only buy threads that have that little platform base like Isacord. or to have your thread arranged horizontally rather than vertically. Hope this helps.

o

Thanks, I guess I will try to find some. Yes, I am using an embroidery needle. The other problem I seem to have is everything goes well till it starts outlining the pattern and for some reason the outline is bigger. Hope I explained that right.

o

your fabric may not be hooped tight enough. try that.

o

Make sure that the bobbin is threaded counter clockwise. I find that when the second layer of stitching starts and it is more difficult to sew thru the fabric, the tension makes the thread break more. It is very annoying!!!HOpe it helps. Melanie

o

If the outline is not matching, it's often a stabiliser problem. Try another layer. Don't pull the fabrid too tight in the hop - when you take the fabric out of the hoop, it'll spring back to it's original size and the embroidery with pucker. I find Schmetz universal needles the best. I also like to put all the larger bobbins on a seperate stand next to the machine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here