Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shanaz_gw

Brother PE DESIGN

Shanaz
20 years ago

I have my pe design, but i lost the software. The only help i had found from brother is up grade the old one. How can I do that? if i lost the originals and now i have a new pc and by the way, with windows XP,and i am not sure if that software will run now on my computer(if i found it).

For any help..........Thanks

Comments (23)

• stitchntime9
    20 years ago

First thing I would do, and have done, is pour through every piece of software I own. People just do not lose software, especially expensive software. If the disks are not in the box with your PE design manual and other items including a copy of your registration card, then start going through every box of software and manual you own or your disk and CD storage boxes. It's probably time to go through those boxes anyway so that you can install your other software.

If you can't find the original disks, you can copy the PE Design folder on the old PC to a floppy or CD and then take that copy to the new computer and do an installation that way using the command feature on the start menu with install A or the drive where the CD or floppy is or open the folder on the new computer and look for the install icon, click on it, and see what happens.

There may be updates for your version of PE design at the Brother site so I would check there after installation.

If none of this works, then you got what you deserved for not being more careful with you software disks and documentation and not making a backup copy.

• Lynncat
    20 years ago

I have thought I lost my earlier version of PED but had forgotten that it is on floppy, not CD as all the rest of my programs are. Is this perhaps what has happened?
    Lynn

• stefaniecheah
    20 years ago

email me see i can help you or not, my email address is kslim@kurnia.com.my

• stichingdoggy
    20 years ago

I can help you.

If you can send me a valid serial number for PE-Design I can send you a new copy of PE-Design with upgrades.

• isew60
    20 years ago

I have PE Design 2 with upgrade 2.5 Don't use it often enough to upgrade, but do use card to tranfer info. I just bought a new laptop with XP Pro installed and can't get the installation program to load. Keep getting message "An error occurred during the move data process: -114." Can anyone help? Thanks

• sewkid
    20 years ago

I have the 3.o and just installed xp and now it will not run. any more info on this matter....
    I have been having an awful time getting it to run. first i thought it was the software but reinstalled fine i have used the so called wizard where you pick the differnt windows systems you ran it on in the past. It will not see my card reader box. I looked at old lititure on the system and even pulled out my modem have it on com port 1. it says its there running fine but it keeps saying plug in reader. HELP!! I am ready to uninstll xp (extra pain) and put back in me . the comp port is enabled ..... ug!

• staasia
    19 years ago

sewkid
    I was reading some of the messages, I think, on p.2. , that indicated there is a patch for xp. There is also a way to image 98 on xp....you will have to look for the message. I am not embroidery or computer literate enough to be able to explain it through.
    I do know that it would not be a good idea to go back to ME. If you want to do that, just get someone's old computer. They are cheap enough, and set it up for embroidery use only.
    Have you checked with PE Design?... Good luck...

• nasim
    19 years ago

can anyone help me. i have lost my software for pe design v5.

• Shanaz
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi Nasim,

I also lost my pe-design software, and believe me , till now i can't find any person who can help me.

Brother Co. will never give a copy, I really dont understand why Brother can't help their costumers. All they want is money.

I wish i can help you, but i am in your same situation.

Right now I am concidering to buy a new embroidery system, but I wont make the same mistake , NEVER from Brother.

Wish you luck!!
    Shanaz

• Laura_IA
    19 years ago

My card reader has a serial number on the back that matches the serial number on by manual and also on the insert to the CD. Have you tried giving that information to Brother as proof of your purchase? They should have it registered for you. I know there was a registration thing I filled out when I got mine. Do you still have your book? Maybe the CD got put in there? I usually keep my software with the manual in the original box..

• nasim
    19 years ago

I have tried everything but no one wants to help me. i have been to the dealers but all they are interestered in is for me to buy the cd again. if there is any one who can let me know of any sites where i can down load this program. please could you email me on nasimakhtar138@hotmail.com

• tgabe63
    15 years ago

I have a PE Designer 2.0 and the screws that hold the security device on has broken off. Does anyone know where I can get new ones. I have tried computer stores and the dealer but no help. When I try to use it most of the time it says there is no security device found. If I move it a little it will work but I am affraid of damaging it. Can anyone please help.

• 4pilgrim_gmail_com
    12 years ago

Does anyone have full version PE-DESIGN with matching card reader that they would like to sell for cash? The newer the better.
    Thanks, John

4pilgrim@gmail.com

• Velda Aldous
    6 years ago

I see this is an old post but I'm desperate. I lost my PE Design software. I have the dongle that has the serial number on it. Is that offer to get the new software with upgrades possible? I upgraded all along the way. Palette 2, PE Design 5, PE Design 8, PE Design 10. My computer crashed. I still have Palette 2 and the PE Design 10 USB Drive.

• dancingirl_gw
    6 years ago

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/  Just go to the Brother site and follow instructions for the d/l of your program software. If you have the dongle, you have proof that you bought the program and that is all you need. To activate the software, you are instructed to plug in the dongle and your computer reads info to certify ownership. I would think that's all you need to upgrade. I have done the d/l's for my versions several times. They do not cost--because the program is not usable without the plugged in reader/writer box.

• Gavrilov Cristina
    4 years ago

Hello! I have PE - Design Next embroidery software and I' ve lost the key card. Is there any other solution except buy the software again?

• dancingirl_gw
    4 years ago

I would say ''not'', as the card is prob like the reader/writer dongle...which the computer reads to verify you own the software. I am not familiar w/PENext or the 'key card'. I have v5 and it requires the reader/writer box connected to access the program. If the card you speak of is that which you transfer designs & take to machine, you can buy another on ebay or order from a BRO dealer.

• Gavrilov Cristina
    4 years ago

I have a V3. I called the company and they told me that I have to buy the software again. Also they said that the PE - Design Next is a very old version and they don't have it available anymore which is why I am so desperate.

• HU-365734881
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I have PE Design 3 & 4 with Dongle and Card reader on Windows 98. When I connect the system it says" security device not found" and when I try to write to the card , I get " No link to serial port." the Card reader red light goes on while I am writing to the card via Trendnet TUS9 to USB. I am also using Artlink on Windows 10. Please advise or recommend alternatives

• msmeow
    3 years ago

Contact Brother support.

• Dana Pendarvis
    3 years ago

I purchased a PE-Design next card reader writer from someone on face book. I already have PE-design next installed on my PC. my problem is that the person I bought the reader from did not send me the software CD or manual. I know that the manual can be downloaded from Brother what my problem is that when I plugged in my reader and tried to open the software it says the reader needs to be upgraded and is asking for an upgrade code for it. I do not have this is there a way to find it and how?

• HU-81998256
    3 years ago

Guys, help me, I need an installation file for PE-Desing ver 3 or 4, I have an old rs232c module and the CD is not readable, it is damaged. my contact address is ee56687128@gmail.com

Sponsored