Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glitzgal

Which machine for this specific job?

glitzgal
15 years ago

Hi there.

I have a specific need to embroider a couple hundred polyester napkins with a single monogram initial. Given the prices I've been quoted from businesses (even though I already have the blank napkins inhand), and doing a little bit of research, I've about decided that it would be cost effective to buy an entry level machine, do the napkins myself and then sell the machine as used. That way I'd also be able to put the monogram on other linens as well, if necessary.

I could spend the rest of my life researching, but since it's such a specific need, I thought it best to just ask someone and get on with it.

Needless to say, I don't want to spend lots of money when the task is so limited. And before anyone gets the idea that I might actually want to do more and bigger and more complicated things with a machine once I get it, rest assured that my skillset, schedule, and attention span will see to it that this doesn't happen hahahaha.

Lastly, I know the monogram typeface/font that I want to use and I've found it available in various machine formats, so I'm not too worried about that.

I'd just really really like to know, in a nutshell, what machine I can get away with buying for this single, specific use with the least amount of headache and cost.

Any recommendations, comments, or insight is **MUCH** appreciated.

Thanks again!

Gin

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!