Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purrfect40_gw

help!!!!!!!! singer futura ce-200

purrfect40
17 years ago

Had for a week now, doing wonderful embroidery work, WAS well pleased with it and then IT happened. Was embroidering and then bobbin thread bunched up under material. I quickly stopped machine, cut the thread and got it all out of the bobbin and now the needle hits the bobbin holder and will not pick up the bobbin thread. Have taken apart and cleaned everything, no thread anywhere in bobbin holder. Anyone else had this problem? Have called the Singer Company which was a huge task in itself to speak to someone, they just say send it back. Does anyone have a quick fix?? Hate to send it back and wait for long time, have lots of Christmas embroidery work to do, am behind now! I'm 48 years old with many years of experience sewing and am sitting here like a child crying!! HELP ME SOMEONE!! Thank you very much for listening to me!

Comments (2)

• stitchntime9
    17 years ago

Join the Futura groups at Yahoo and they will help you out with many things. Machine embroidery and technology will bring an experienced sewer to their knees.

Did you floss the bobbin holder to make sure you don't have any bits of thread, you put the bobbin case back in correctly, have been changing the needles frequently and according to type of fabric just like regular sewing and have been using the lint brush and drops of oil like the manual illustrates (Futie is an oil hog)?

Detach the embroidery unit to use the sewing side to get the situation corrected, it's much easier on that side. Then when you have that situation corrected, run a zigzag test stitch with the thread and bobbin fil until you have a perfect zigzag going on your sample fabric sandwich--adjust the tension and you will have it. I can almost guarantee that you won't have looping underneath when you go to the embroidery...discovered this after one bad embroidery session and went looking for answers.

Another little hint I learned from all the PBS sewing programs is when you start to embroider, hit the start for a few stitches, hit stop, pull the bobbin thread to the top of the design and swing thread tails in direction where machine is going to embroider, hit start again and sew over the threads for a few stitches, hit stop again to trim the ends, hit start again and continue through the design. It keeps the loose bobbin tale from catching anything underneath and causing problems.

• cherilee62
    17 years ago

To purrfect40-- Yes, I have had the thing where the needle wouldn't go to the hole... I thought I had ruined my new machine when I pushed the needle arm by mistake and it moved side to side, then it worked fine..I still don't know how but it is working OK now.
    One more thing to watch...I had the electricity pull my second thread I had waiting to use, into the flywheel and wrap itself around many times so be careful not to get your next thread so ready that you have this trouble.

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus