Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you do yearly tune-ups?

Posted by annrn (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 18, 06 at 6:55

Do you take your embroidery or sewing machines in yearly for cleaning and tune-ups? I had a Sears Kenmore for 30 years that I was able to maintain myself and it worked beautifully. Now, I'm faced with taking my machine in for repairs and $75.00 bill just for cleaning and tune-up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you do yearly tune-ups?

Absolutely! It's very important, IMHO, to have an annual "clean and press". In fact, I'm taking a class today and will leave my machine at the dealer so "she" can have "her" annual check-up on Tuesday (think of it as a visit to the Gyn doctor). The price sounds in line with what I pay, although my dealer offers a $10 off coupon for the month of November. I believe in taking care of my machine, she was an expensive investment for me.

o
RE: Do you do yearly tune-ups?

I take mine to the Spa every summer, too. My repair shop has a 3 year service contract you can purchase. The cost of the contract was about equal to 2 "clean & adjust" services. With it I can bring it in as often as I want for only $10 per repair, and I get a 30 or 40% discount on parts. It was well worth the $!

I had a Kenmore for a long time, too. It was computerized, but I figure my emb/sewing machine is a lot more complex (and was a LOT more expensive), so it's probably a good idea to have it professionally cleaned & adjusted once a year.

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here