Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to go for repairs

Posted by annrn (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 18, 06 at 6:51

I have a HV Platinum Plus that is 2.5 years old. Last night I was going to embroider some towels and I couldn't. I rarely embroider on this machine, maybe every 4-6 months I do sew a few times a month. Anyway,the embroidery part of the machine is "all messed up" I am so frustrated with expensive computerized sewing machines. This is my second emb. machine. It seems that they end up in the shop, alot. The last time I took this machine in, the techs messed something up and I had to take it back for them to fix it. I took the machine to the place I bought it from, to be fixed. Do I go there again so they know the history of this machine, or find someone else to fix it. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to go for repairs

Can you find an "Authorized repair service" in your area? Look in the phone book. I wouldn't give the people you originally took it to a chance to mess up again. Colleen

o

Don't blame computerised machines - where would we be without them? Sounds like the tech people are not great. It's no longer under guarantee so try somewhere else.

o

I found out that because my machine is still under warranty I have to return to the place I bought it from to be serviced to ensure coverage of the warranty. (According to the rules of the warranty if the the store is within a 50 mile radius) After talking to a tech at a different store, I realized that the sensors of the machine are very sensitive and it IS important to have it cleaned and tuned on a regular basis. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the repair job will be done correctly.

Islay Corbel - I'm not blaming computerized machines. I'm speaking from my experiences with the two computerized sewing machines I've had compared with the mechanical machines.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here