Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Viking Designer SE Upgrade

Posted by sadiesews (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 07 at 2:38

I recently purchased a Viking Designer SE and included the upgrade that cuts jump threads. It requires a technician install a bobbin case that can cut the threads. The top embroidery tests have been beautiful, but the back is quite messy with thread loops, etc. The backs are so messy that it is unacceptable and could not be used on anything that would not have a back to cover it up. Has anyone else had the upgrade installed? Has anyone had any problems with the bobbin cutter? For the price, it should be perfect . . . and make coffee too! Thank you. /S

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Viking Designer SE Upgrade

My name is on a waiting list at my Viking dealers for the upgrade. I am reading about how users on this site are saying the back is very messy. I do a lot of towels as gifts. Now I am wondering if I should not add this feature to my Designer SE when it becomes available. Since I am new to embroidery machine sewing, I do not know where the tools section that is mentioned in a message here is to turn off when the back will show. Any suggestions?

o
RE: Viking Designer SE Upgrade

I have the Designer Se with the upgrade. I do love it, but I turn it off for towels (or anything where the back shows).

The tools section is the icon at the top that looks like a couple of tools. Open that section and you will find the "Trim jump stitches" feature. You can turn it on or off there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here