Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will I kick myself later?

Posted by catmom50 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 24, 04 at 0:23

I am getting a Janome 300E, and at the shop where I will buy it, they have a special Thread deal going.

It is $298.00, ($1044.00 value), it includes 194 spools of assorted types of Madeira thread, one embroidery design Cd, a chest to keep it in, color cards and conversion chart, thread snips and seam ripper. And along with it comes a machine trolley ($20.00 value). What do you think???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will I kick myself later?

Is the thread rayon or polyester? The rayons fade & bleed. You can bleach polyester.

On down where the post is about thread bargains, you can get 288 1000 meter spools...the entire color range for $299 +11 s/h. You get a CD of 3700 designs & a color chart.

o

I believe the 288 is ARC and that's what I get, the polyester and just love it! Since I do alot of towels that I know will get washed, I use poly.

o
RE: Will I kick myself later? forgot to add..

If you can get the Madiera is poly, great deal. I bought a trolley case and love it for classes.

o

Picked up my machine and have been playing with, LOVE IT!!! The machine trolley was an 80$ value (not the 20$ I eroniously wrote before) , very nice. I am glad I did get the thread chest. It is great, even though I understand I will buying lots more thread, this is a nice storage place.
Thanks for your input everyone.

o

Congrats! You will love it! I think embroidery about 24 hours a day! Always new ideas. I guess that is considered being addicted. LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here