Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Bernina 340

Posted by japie2 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 07 at 23:39

I am looking to buy the Bernette Deco 340 especially because it makes use of a USB port to transfer files to the Embriodery Machine. I have been told that it uses a exp+ file extension, but I only seem to be able to find designs with an exp extension. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two. I have used Buz Tools for many years, but they also do not seem to have the facility to convert to "exp+" and I am concerned that I may be stuck for designs. Will any USB Memory stick work on this machine, or does it have to be the one purchased from the Bernina agents?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Bernina 340

The reason you can't find the EXP+ extension is because it is created using the Bernina Designer sw or the OESD SW. The EXP file has no color info so you have to define that yourself if you want to use it. Or you can download .ART files and convert them to .EXP+ using the sw I mentioned. We have a 330 which is basically the same as a 340 but w/o the USB.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here