Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PE Design 6 help !

Posted by tikitb8 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 17, 09 at 22:05

I've been using PED6 since the day it came out with no problems. I love it.
Now, suddenly the colors on my designs are all wrong.
When I open both new and old designs the colors are all different from what they should be. They are different from what they originally were.
I hope that description makes sense, as I have tried everything to figure out what is wrong, and it driving me NUTS !!
BTW I'm new here, Maureen, Sterling Heights, MI. TIA for any help.

Mo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PE Design 6 help !

I had this same issue and found out from Brother that I must have installed another embroidery program that took over my color settings. I didn't but that's the only way they say it will reset the colors.
I reinstalled the software and all went back to normal for awhile. It comes up every now and again and for the life of me I can't figure out if I am opening a software like a printing program or something that is changing the settings but if you get and answer to this one I would love to be able to make it stop doing this.

o
RE: PE Design 6 help !

I've done a little more research with the web site I download my designs from, Embroidery Library.
Short story - it is the colors/manufacturer that the design is made with that will be the "default" when the design is downloaded.
EmbLibrary.com uses Maderia Rayon.
My brother software defaults to Brother colors. There is no way to change that default that I know of.
Soooooo. I have to take a picture of the design, and manually change each color, via my PE6, to the Maderia Rayon colors. (Make sense)?
Of course you can buy whatever thread brand you want,close to the design colors.
Also I have PE6 so maybe a later version will allow us to change that "brother color" default. I might follow up with Brother. Will post whatever I find.
Hope that helps someone.
Mo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here