Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Embroidering on Clothes

Posted by redhothlava (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 07 at 21:43

Hi - I do a great deal of embroidery on baby clothes and have received some complaints because the stabilizer I use is a cutoff not tearoff - I have found that holds the fabric better but some of my customers won't purchase those items because they feel it will be uncomfortable for their baby to wear. Any thoughts on what to do?? I have seen some clothes with something that feels like felt and looks as if it has been ironed on inside the clothes to protect the skin from the embroidery and remaining stabilizer but I have no idea what that is...Am going to a craft fair next week-end and I would love to have this resolved by then. Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Embroidering on Clothes

Red,
Have you tried the fusible mesh products? The fusible type product is great on onsies to keep the fabric from stretching. It is cut-a-way though. But, it is promoted to be soft against the skin, especially for baby clothes.
This is the product I have used:
Floriani's No Show Fusible Mesh (Beige)
Try going to:
www.Embroidery.com
And search for this product. There is a demo video you may want to watch. I tried to put a link to the video here.
I have also used the Janome no-show fusible mesh, it also works well. Have had no complaints about it irritating the skin.
Vicki

Here is a link that might be useful: Floriani's No Show Mesh Video

o
RE: Embroidering on Clothes

Just try some soft weight tricot or nylon. Sew your embroidery, tear or cut as close as you can and then use a form of "wonder under" (or the like) - iron it on the "soft" stuff and then iron it onto the back of your finished embroidery.It costs very little and it's very easy to do. Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here